Getting Gold in GTA 5 Mission 78: Gauntlet Rockford Hills
In this guide, we will show you how to get gold in the GTA 5 mission Gauntlet Rockford Hills, which is the prep mission for the big scores subtle approach. Before we dive into the walkthrough, let us introduce ourselves. We are Old Grumpy Gamer, and we specialize in getting gold in every mission in GTA 5. If you want to stay up to date with our how-to guides, news, and giveaways, consider subscribing to our channel and ringing the bell.
Introduction to GTA 5 and the Gauntlet Rockford Hills Mission
GTA 5 is a truly massive game with no shortage of new content and interesting things to do. In this mission, you will need to grab a specific car pictured, spend more than $17,000, and deliver the car in pristine condition.
By the time you get to this point, you should have already received an email from Lester with a location and a photo. You should be able to find the vehicle on Portola Drive.
The Walkthrough: Getting the Gauntlet
Before you begin, keep in mind that getting gold in this mission is pretty straightforward, and a great excuse to spend some time in Los Santos Customs. Here are the steps you need to follow to get gold in the Gauntlet Rockford Hills mission:
- Commandeer the vehicle from Portola Drive.
- Drive to Los Santos Customs without damaging the car too much to maximize your take.
- Drive into Los Santos Customs and start the basic preparation. GTA has already put aside all the prep mods you need, so you will get gold for completing this step.
- Spend up on the rest to make sure that you get your full $17,000.
- Give the car a new paint job and racing strut if you want to.
- Head back to the lockup while being careful not to damage the car. Even getting a scratch at this point can result in you not receiving the all-important gold.
- Park the car in the lockup, and that’s it! You’ve completed the mission and earned a gold rating.
Tips for Other Viewers
Do you have any tips for other viewers or could this be done differently? Leave your comment down below!
That concludes our walkthrough of getting gold in GTA 5 mission 78: Gauntlet Rockford Hills. Don’t forget that you need to collect all three gauntlets before attempting the heist. Check the video on the left for the next prep mission, or the one on the right for more Old Grumpy Gamer goodness. Stay safe, wash your hands, and we’ll see you in the next video!